Weekly Announcements Here are the announcements from this Sunday's bulletin:
- Elders of the month for March will be the Class of 2018. They will be in charge of opening and closing the church on Sundays.
- Please help us keep the prayer chain current and correct, especially the military section. Updates are appreciated.
- Youth Group continues to meet Wednesdays at 7:00 PM in Fellowship Hall.
- Choir meets Wednesdays at 7:00 PM in the Choir Room.
- Robert needs paper bags for food pantry.
- Food Pantry hours are Wednesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Please keep the food pantry in mind, prayer, and in action.
- Dr. Jim will be offering a Confirmation Class in March. The tentative start up date is Thursday, March 21st at 7:00 PM in the classroom. Please talk to Preacher Jim for more info.
- Lent began Wednesday, March 6th. Make every effort to be present with family and friends as we have a Holy Lent together. This is an awesome opportunity to reaffirm our faith. Please invite others.
- Mark your calendars early:
- Holy Week Schedule:
- April 16th Tuesday of Music in the Sanctuary
April 17th Annual Fish Fry
April 18th Maundy Thursday Service at 7:00 PM
April 19th Good Friday
April 21st Easter
- Join us each Tuesday during Lent at 11:45 AM at First Baptist Church as we participate in the community's Lenten Luncheons:
- March 19th St. Stephen’s & First Presbyterian
March 26th First Christian & Faith Lutheran
April 2nd Immanuel Baptist & Believers Fellowship
April 9th First Methodist Church & Fort Stockton Christian Center
- Dr. Jim will be participating in the installation of the Rev. Dr. Ronnie Hankins Sr. on Sunday afternoon (March 17th) in Odessa.
Homebound Outreach Our late worship service is always broadcast live on KFST 860 AM each Sunday morning beginning at 11:00 AM. We would also be honored to bring our homebound members the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. Call the church office to make arrangements.
Cub Scouts Cub Scout Pack 154 is sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church. The Cub Scout program is for boys 7-10 years of age. Any boy wishing to join Cub Scouts can contact Denise Warren at (915) 637-2387 or Genevieve Melendez at (432) 290-5472 for further information.